Re: [Harp-L] Garden State Festival

On Sep 15, 2009, at 11:38 PM, Danny G wrote:

You know it's going to be a GREAT BIG PARTY when the block of rooms set aside for a festival are SOLD OUT.
I was lucky enough to book the last room available at the special rate of $109 per night.

This is bad news. I don't believe that motels should change their rate mid stream. They either give the rate for the duration, or they don't. Apparently this motel don't. This may come as a surprise to some people. but many of us have things going on in their lives and have to hold decisions for a longer time than they would like. Personally, I don't think that over two months before a festival is too late, and I also don't believe a motel should restrict rooms to a 'block'.

I happen to have some outside events that I have to let run their course before I commit.

Yes, I can understand that a motel may want a guarantee for a minimum number of rooms, but why is there a maximum. I would think that the motel would be on board here to get as MANY people into this gathering as it would only be in their better interest. (food.bev.)

I have an offer to be somewhere else on that Fri, Sat, & Sun. I may just take that offer.

smo-joe

They still have a few at $133 per night pre-paid and non-refundable so if you're thinking about it, you'd better get 'er done.
Hope to see you there
Danny G