[Harp-L] SF Champ to Super Champ

After a long hiatus, I am finding myself in bad need of playing again, due to ongoing domestic intranquility
and abrupt change of domicile. I am delighted to report that nothing wound up out in the yard on fire.

Now, it seems nothing would heal like bending some brass on a D-harp, with the right folks,
and gig-dough would allay a Ramen-diet.

Like a lot of folks, I have been selling a lot of "stuff" for mobility and economic reasons, but I balk at
doing so with my (dusty) Fender Super Champ, even though my 70's SF Champ
is my way-preferred tonal support.

What keeps going through my mind is possibly needing more than the 15W the SF offers at times,
and the concept of coming off it's speaker outs to a 1/4" plug to the Super Champ Input
(through a DI box, of course) in order to boost my stage wattage with honest Fender sound,
as well as having the option of coming out of the Super Champ's out instead of mic-to-Champ,
for PA.

Have any of you done such, or have knowledge of how right or wrong this (less-than-original)
conceptual rigging might be, from both technical, tonal and practical standpoints?

Any suggestions on tubes for the Super Champ would also be appreciated, especially if there is
some fairly low-cost glass floating around that would allow passably fat sound.

Paul in NWGA, where the Surf's Up Most Everywhere? (and your towel never dries)