[Harp-L] Re: Sugar Blue

Incidentally, John...I took the liberty of showing the paragraph you'd
posted a couple of weeks ago to Sugar (we converse on facebook), since I
thought  it was a wonderful review of his playing.

The pertinent paragraph:

"there is a tune on the ANGEL HEART movie soundtrack CD  called "Right Key,
But the Wrong Keyhole" sung by Lillian Boutte. On this tune,  Sugar Blue
plays amplified diatonic harmonica and sounds so much like a muted  trumpet,
you don't realize it's a harmonica at first. But, even after you do,  the
phrasing is so jazz horn like that it's amazing and conveys that precise  feel
and feeling one gets listening to a good jazz sax or trumpet player.
Incredible, very sophisticated performance. Unbelievable tone and phrasing. I've
never heard anything else like it from a harmonica player."

I also mentioned that your review had been posted on  harp-l.  He's just
asked me about harp-l, so I've referred him to  fjm...hopefully to sign on
here and to other harmonica lists I belong to.

Now he would definitely fit the criteria of somebody 'famous' posting...but
 I'm not sure he will as yet...despite being a wonderful and articulate
writer.  Sugar's a busy, gigging/traveling musician with a new album coming out
very  soon, is a class act and his facebook postings are usually dead-on
with my  own points of view. He may decide just to read the list and remain
unseen and  silent..but if he has decided to sign on, I would like to be among
the  first to welcome him.

Elizabeth