Re: [Harp-L] Paying the Piper

Almost all the places we play are restaurants that serve food and drink. We negotiate a food and drink credit along with our pay and they are usually happy to do it. If I drink 3 Jack Daniels at, say, $5 each, that doesn't cost them $15. More like a couple bucks. So it works out well. Oh, sometimes I eat, too..   :0

Steve Webb in Minnesota, where I'm playing my first harp gig in 4 months Friday night.