RE: [Harp-L] Villa-Lobos at Teatro Amazonas

 <fab4afe44a40.4a40fab4afe4@xxxxxxxx>

> Robert=2C
> Why don't you choose to use some type of mic system? Even if just to help=
 you a small
> amount. There must be something that will allow you to concentrate on oth=
er aspect of the
> concerto and not so much the volume of things.
> Just curious. break a leg.
>
> all the best=2C
> Roger Gonzales

>> I am just about to go over and perform the Villa-Lobos Harmonica
>> Concerto at Teatro Amazonas in Manaus=2C Brazil.
>>
>> Great looking opera house but not the best acoustics. Even so I am
>>
>> playing acoustically again=2C which means I will have to work my
>> fanny
>> off=2C and it also means I will have to use plates tuned to about 445
>>
>> since they are playing at 442-443 and when I kick in things tend to
>>
>> go flat.
>>
>> Should be fun!!!
>>
>> harmonically yours=2C
>>
>> Robert Bonfiglio
=20
I play with an amp in my sessions most of the time=2C but the very best tim=
e I ever have is when it goes quiet and I can dump the amp.  Then it's just=
 me and my harmonica and I love that.  Sure=2C the challenge to project and=
 make yourself heard is a big one.  I can't speak for Robert and his orches=
tra=2C but I think the onus is just as much on them=2C and the conductor=2C=
 to ensure that Robert is heard in good balance.  The best music is music t=
hat is played with no noise!
=20
Steve 		 	   		  =0A=
With Windows Live=2C you can organise=2C edit=2C and share your photos.=0A=
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665338/direct/01/=