[Harp-L] GSHC Festival Seminar/ Workshop Schedule

Phil and I have our schedule for the GSHC Festival ready for your viewing. The exact time for each seminar or workshop is almost complete. We're really excited as to how this is shaping up and being expanded to meet your needs. This is truly going to be a real "Harmonica Happening"! Excuse, us SPAH, for taking the name of your magazine here, but it is so appropriate. Here's a hint for our entertainment schedule; Rob Paparozzi who made the first round of nominations for a Grammy award for Best Contemporary Blues Album 2009 will be headlining on the first night of our festival on Nov.19! You need to be here to see him perform and sign up for the rest of the week also. As Warren Bee had also mentioned, we added a $40 special day pass for Saturday (all day seminars, including matinee) due to much interest. Hope to see you there!

GARDEN STATE HARMONICA CLUB 37THÂFESTIVAL

SEMINARS
AND OTHER EVENTS

The Holiday Inn, Hasbrouck Heights NJ

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ

THURSDAY,
NOVEMBER 19

Â1Â âThe Mystery of Toneââ..( Phil Caltabellotta,Frank
Grova, Frank Grova)

2ÂÂÂ
âChromatic
Harmonica Repair& Customizingâ..(Bill Price)

3ÂC2Â
âPlay
along with Chord and Bassââ.(Herb Eck and Friends)

Â4 âThe Art of Blues,-Diatonic vs. Chromaticââ.(Charlie
Toker, Pat Maturo)

ÂÂ 5 âThe Zen of Blues Jamologyââ..(Warren Bee,
Buzz Krantz)

ÂÂ 6 âHarp-l and Slidemeister Meet and Greetâ

FRIDAY,
NOVEMBER 20

ÂÂÂ 1.âBand in a Boxââ..Danny G

ÂÂÂ 2.âChromatic FundamentalsâAl and Judy Smith

ÂÂÂ 3.âCreative Chugging on the Chordââ.Wally
Peterman, Al Smith

ÂÂÂ 4.âThe Low Down of Bass PlayingââGeorge
Miklas, Tom Scerbo,Judy Smith

ÂÂÂ 5.âThe Art of Tongue-BlockingââWorkshop
with Dennis Gruenling

ÂÂÂ 6.âJazz SeminarââChris Bauer, Phil
Caltabellotta, Charles Spranklin

ÂÂÂ 7.âBlues SeminarâA work in progressâ suggestions
appreciated!

SATURDAY,NOVEMBER
21

1. âClassical
Harmonica, Chromatic and Multiple Tremolo Techniquesâ.Jia Yi He

2. âThe HARPbeats,
from Duo to Trioâ.(Phil Caltabellotta, George Miklas, Wally Peterman)

3. â65+Years of
Playing and Still Going Strong!...The Sgro Bros.(Dominick and Tony)

4. âBlues for
Breakfast!....Warren Bee

5. =E
2Blues/Workshop
Jamâ.Carlos Colina and guitarist, including Buzz Krantz

6. Special
Childrenâs Workshop on the Diatonicâtaught by LD Miller, Zack Gaviria, Jay
Gaunt,Josh King (pre-sign up, limited to 20)

Please note: These seminars and
workshops may still be subject to some change, but are almost 100% complete.

There will be great blues jams EVERY
NIGHT and super cool jazz jams Friday and Saturday night in the Cocktail
Longue. ÂLOTS OF OPEN MIC WILL BE AVAILABLE
EVERY DAY! This will be our BEST FESTIVAL YET, as we welcome all harmonica
players(blues, bluegrass, chromatic) to join us!!! Check out our web site at: www.gardenstateharmonicaclub.org
for info. We will post our festival entertainers with another update.

Val Redler,Pres.GSHC

Phil Caltabellotta, Chairman

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ