Subject: [Harp-L] Harmonica courses at Jazzschool in Berkeley, California

http://jazzschool.com/

Winslow:

Just got through reading all about the JazzSchool. A most interesting
site. The quality of the musicians connected to and the teaching available
almost made me want to move to the West Coast just to have access to such a
wonderful jazz oriented learning source.  Out here on Long Island in my
particularly isolated neck of the woods, interest and access to jazz music  is
waning (we lost the last jazz station CD101.9 from Manhattan last year...and
more recently the best live showcase for Jazz musicians with the closure of
the  Imac Theatre in Huntington, NY where my favourite guitarist Peter White
and many  other jazz musicians came from all around the Country to perform
regularly.   :(   I've no idea what we'll do now.

Looking through the site I came across this small mention of a way Bay
area folks could help painlessly fund the jazzschool. It's different and
innovative and bears mentioning for those who live near and travel on the BART
system, especially since continuous funding is so important. I also very much
 like that the public can donate permanent musician's chairs to  honour a
loved one ...with a name inscribed, all for a mere $75.  What a neat idea.

Elizabeth

"BART Riders - Your tiny tickets could mean big money for the Jazzschool!
We all have them, those extra BART tickets with five or ten cents left on
them, gathering dust on our nightstand or stuffed in the back of our
wallets.  Some of us have had them for years. But did you know that you can use
them to  support the Jazzschool!
The Jazzschool has joined the East Bay Community Foundationâs Tiny Tickets
Program. This program allows BART riders to dispose of their low-value
tickets  while supporting their favorite community organization. Just mail us
your  tickets, and weâll do the rest! 100% of the value of the tickets
collected goes  to support the Jazzschool.
Please mail your BART tickets to:
The Jazzschool
ATTN: Tiny Tickets Program
2087 Addison St.