Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harmonica on new Chase Credit Card Commercial

As I mentioned in my last post, I have been asked to re-record the Stevie Part of Sting's "Brand New Day" for cover versions on several occassions in NYC over the past few yrs....I think my best version was the CBS EARLY SHOW which I never got a hard copy of.

But here is one of the first times I was asked to play it for a Novartis campaign on a new Cancer Drugs, hence the different lyrics. I play throughout and more liscks at the end as well....it's at my myspace link below and show open as you get there.
It always a HUGE challenge when your asked to play like Stevie!,-) Another time, Atlantic Producer Arif Mardin called me in to play on a Roberta Flack CD as Stevie was available. My answer was, "You've got to kidding? no one plays like Stevie" my next line was "it pays HOW much?...OK I'll see ya' at the studio w/ bells on!,-)"

http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

a big THANX to Randy Singer for keeping his ears open to bring it to our attention......

all the best,
Rob P