To: "harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 7:53 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Durability surprises

I own a handful of custom harps, and though I love the way they play and
sound, I haven't necessarily found them to be more durable as far as tuning
is concerned. Doesn't matter, the cost to repair them is the same as a stock
harp, and the customs are so much better.

That's not my point here. About eight years ago, a buddy of mine gave me,
for a laugh, three Jambone harps in A, C, and D. I appreciated the humor of
a gift of these 3/$10 harmonicas, but was pleasantly surprised at their
playability.

The real surprise, though, is the durability of these $3 harps. They've been
my "car harps" ever since, have been played nearly every day for eight
years, and haven't even hinted at going flat. Any of them. And I play too
hard much of the time. I dunno, maybe I play differently in the car by
myself than when I'm competing with guitarists, but it's pretty amazing
longevity.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

- Blake

--