[Harp-L] Equal Temperamnet

So, for the last few weeks I've been stopping into play at this open jam because i like playing with a couple of the guys in the house band. The band leader plays harp and sings.

Now, as sometimes happens at such gatherings, another harp player winds up playing on the same tune as I'm playing on, Sometimes, i'll be playing on a tune which the leader is singing, and then he decides to take a solo on harp. Other times, i'll be playing and some harp player who has an amp set up on the dance floor in front of the stage will pick up his mic and use body language to ask permission to take a solo. I just go with the flow and sometimes comp chord tones or chord tone based riffs at low volume intermittently along with the guitar during the other harp players solo--or, if it's the leader blowing (who plays pretty well), we might start to trade licks.

Anyway, I only play ET harps and most of the other players don't. I have been consistently impressed which how much more IN TUNE my playing sounds in comparison to the other players. I mean, when another harp player is playing on the same tune it's a VERY audible difference. Some people in the audience have even approached me occasionally to mention it, so i'm pretty sure it's not just my own imagination or wishful thinking. Sort of validates my long standing preference for ET.

FWIW.

JP