To: "Harp-L" <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2010 9:26 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Gregoire Maret or Sirius and tweaked 270 comparison

Hi everyone
Can anybody pass judgement on the differences between the new Suzuki GM and
Sirius models - I'm in the process of debating whether to get one of them or
a tweaked 270 from Harponline. It would have a clear acrylic comb,
seperately dismountable plates and covers with extra plate screws and
mouthpiece adjustment for air tightness. I'd probably also go for the round
holed mouthpiece, as in the 270 mark 2.

Part of the trouble with this is that I'm having to work out what to get
without a chance to try out the harps at first hand. At the moment I'm
playing a CX12 Jazz, which is ok and I prefer the jazz mouthpiece to the
standard CX12, I've read reviews that suggest the Gregoire Maret model is a
bit like a supercharged CX12. The thing is I've also got an almost dead
cheap Hering (if I can find a reed to fit, it will be alive again) and I
think I prefer the size of it but more importantly i find it easier to
change from a tongue block to pucker embouchure with the Hering mouthpiece,
which kind of leads me to the 270 as it is kind of similarish.

Thoughts welcomed

Bill