Re: [Harp-L] Ninth?

I don't think 4th is necessarily all that "easy" when compared to 3rd.  It
totally depends on what you want to play.  3rd fits blues much better, IMO.
In most instances it also works better for rock.  On my band's MySpace the
song Karma King is in 4th, but I much prefer 3rd.  Plus, if you learn 1st,
2nd, and 3rd, you can already play 4th and 5th for minor song.  ;)

Really, it all comes down to the song and the benefits of a certain
position.  I am an overblow player and more often than not, playing Aeolian
from 3rd position gives me just as much to work with at 4th.  I've heard
Jason Ricci do that a lot in live recordings of Afro Blue.  Every time I
play 4th live I end up playing the horn line from "I Will Survive".  Lol.
Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica
"NiteRail"
http://www.niterail.com/niterail_prkit