[Harp-L] Hohner pre-MS reedplates

In the late 80´s or early 90´s I bought a set of Hohner spare reedplates, first I ever saw of its kind. This was, as I understand it, before the introduction of the MS.
  They came in a slim, black plastic sheath and have no less than ten (10) small holes, and two large.
  Of course, they couldn´t be mounted on any Hohner combs (my last effort was in trying to glue them on a MB ...) and since I at that point had the impression that something was seriously amiss within this company, I just put them aside and realised I´d been had once again. (Several Hohner harps from that period has kept them company.)
  Found them again today and being in dire need of a Bb harp thought that somebody might have an idea what these were intended for, if for anything?

Cheers,
Martin