Re: [Harp-L] Jeff Carp

"Jesse Sinaiko" wrote:
<Carp's band was called Home Juice. It was Sam Lay and later
<Paul Morris on drums, Paul Asbell on guitar, and I don't remember who the
<bass guy was offhand. It was an excellent band, in the tradition of the
<Butterfield Band.

I played with Paul Asbell many, many times during the several years I lived in Vermont, at which time Paul played guitar for the Unknown Blues Band with Big Joe Burrell, among many other gigs.  He was a great guitarist then, I presume still is.  He never mentioned to me that he played behind Jeff Carp, which is too bad--I would have liked to talk about that.

regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick