Re: [Harp-L] Adventures in 3rd Position

On Apr 17, 2010, at 9:39am, John F. Potts wrote:
So, the bass player who does all the singing in my band calls the Doors tune "Riders on the Storm" on the spur of the moment at some gigs...
...so the next time Riders on the Storm gets called. i grab an D harp and a G harp. i play the D in third position for E minor for most of the tune, and on the IV change i switch to the G harp and play it in third position for A minor on the IV chord and everything sounds GREAT.
You know, I would never have thought of doing that without being told. Live and learn.
JP

This is a keeper. Thanks JP for posting this. Bill

wr richards

Become a Fan of Capital Area Blues Society at
http://www.facebook.com/CABSblues
http://www.facebook.com/wrrichards
http://myspace.com/willierange