Re: [Harp-L] Chrom fragility-sturdiness

Hi Chug,

On 04/19/2010 02:47 PM, simple chug wrote:
Bought a chrom from Harmonicastore.  It came with a loose reed or
two.  It had been packed really poorly (on the bottom of the box with
no cushioning so ever time it hit the weight of the packing on top
slammed it).  Complained...got a phone call from the boss, He sears
it could not be the packing because over thirty five years he has
thrown harmonicas agains the wall etc with not damage.  This does not
jibe with the careful breaking-in and warming routines i have been
instructed to use to protect the delicate reeds.  So?  do i have to
pamper my chrom or was harmonicastore telling the truth?

Get your money back or make them send you a new harp.

Harmonicas are pretty tough as far as musical instruments go, but don't throw it against a wall. Your harp was improperly packed for shipping.

Good luck!
Tim

--
Timothy J. Schutte