Re: [Harp-L] kfk-1

"Leonardo Cozendey Crespo"wrote:
<any advice or opinion on the use of a KFK-1 10 band equilizer?
<IÂm thinking on using it as a feedback controler for my blues jr.

Feedback is usually concentrated in a specific frequency range. The first thing I'd do is set your amp and mic up so that they produce feedback.  Then, go through the frequency bands on the KFK-1, ONE BAND AT A TIME, and pull the level for that band all the way down to nothing.  If the feedback stops, great.  Pull the level back up until the feedback start up again, then pull it down just enough to stop the feedback.  Otherwise, pull the level for that band back up to normal (no boost or cut), and go on to the next band.

Other advice: harmonicas don't put out anything but breathing noise below 100 hZ, so if you've got a band on the EQ for 80 hZ, I'd pull it all the way down. It's usually a good idea to cut the frequencies above 8 kHz by a few decibels, too.  You can put more fat in the sound by boosting around 250 hZ, but be careful, since there's usually a lot of stuff going on in that range with the rest of the band.

Regards, Richard HUnter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick