[Harp-L] What key harmonica is in your pocket?

Someone wrote: > As a novice, all of the lessons are in the key of C.  But when, you  who not only enjoy playing, but play well, just reach in your  pocket to sit down on a lonely rock, overlooking a river valley-- what key harmonica do you have?  Why?  Is one key best for blues,  another for tunes, for country?

  From what I've experienced, blues harpists seem to favor lower keys as opposed to the more shrill higher keys.  I think the reason has more to do with the keys that the people that they are playing with use, rather than one harp being better than another for a particular type of music.
  Various genres of music tend to favor different keys.  For instance, jazz often favors flat keys, i guess because many horns are tuned to Bb.  Acoustic blues gtr players (e.g. Brownie McGee) seem to like to play in key of E; others favor open D.  Electric rock guitar players often like key of A.  Many piano players seem to the keys that don't have a lot of sharps or flats, F for instance, I suspect because with only one flat in that key, it is probably an easy key to play in (i don't play piano, darnit).
  Key of C is always good for when theory questions arise, since key of C has no sharps or flats.  Me, i like 'em all.  The mid-range harps like D take a little less breath and can wail a bit easier than the deeper toned harps like G.
ron