RE: [Harp-L] Blues out of tune was: Chris Michalek... harmonica genius

> From: icemanle@xxxxxxx

> Those that are
 only interested in blues do not have to be very concerned about pitch,
as the out of tune is a part of the idiom. Everyone else may consider
reevaluating their pitch control, especially when using bending
techniques.

I have to respectfully disagree with this statement, Blues is a pretty broad idiom in my view and Taj Mahal & BB King and their bands sounds pretty darn in tune... while some Delta legends may not be so in tune.
Agreed, singers and soloists may sing and play their thirds in melodies flat stylistically, but generally playing "out of tune" not so to my ears.
Please, players of all styles: consider
reevaluating your pitch control, especially when using bending
techniques.
Chris and Larry are both skilled, studied harmonica musicians with a lot to give...

Michael Peloquin

http://www.b-radical.us

http://harpsax.com

http://myspace.com/peloquinharpsax