Re: [Harp-L] Meteor Mini-15

WOW, thanks Mike. It was great seeing you there and your dad is cool as hell. As for the amp, it's actually
20 or 30 watts. On Wednesday it was playing at 30 watts. Also, you can blame everything on me with your wife ;-)
Looks like I'll be building one for John now. He loved it too and had some great comments after the show.

Scooter

Hello all,
I went last night to see John Nemeth perform at a club in Syracuse, New York. I live about an hour and a half away. He was spectacular as usual, very good harpin' , and INCREDIBLE vocals. If you haven't gotten a chance to see John perform, and you're a blues lover, you really need to put it on your must do list. Scooter of Meteor amps lives close to the club John was playing, and is a friend of Johns'. He brought one of his Mini-15s for John to play through. John put the amp through its paces, and the amp performed perfectly. HUGE tone, great articulation, and PLENTY of volume. John had the volume at about two, two and a half, and you could hear the Mini cutting through the mix easily. Everything was miced, and from in front of the stage, you could clearly hear the Mini in the stage mix. I think Scooter said the amp weighs about 35lbs, and believe me it's a lot of amp in a medium sized package. I was very pleasantly surprised how well the amp, at (I believe 35 watts) pushed the 15inch speaker. The Mini-15 sounded great. And John was definitely diggin' the rig too, he made a couple of comments from the stage about the great sound coming from the Mini. If you're in the market for a mid sized amp, with a large sized amps advantages, the Meteor Mini-15 has got it goin' on. I already own a big Meteor, and a Super Sonny, I thought I had all the amps I would ever want.......I was wrong! My wife is gonna KILL me... As usual, I have no affiliation, or financial interests in Meteor Amplifiers. I am not a paid endorser, blah, blah, woof,woof.

Regards,
Mike D'Aurizio

http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multicalendar&ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_5=