[Harp-L] Re: Seydel Easy Third

Paul Davies wrote:
> I just posted my first U -tube ever using an Seydel "Easy Third"
> tuned harp.  Its a 12 hole D tuned harp with draw holes on the
> bottom and in the first octave tuned to Em.  Nice harp!!!! Check it
> out.  It's a Reggae harp.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYi49VELvIs

Great piece, beautifully played.  Love the range of textures, you can really hear the differences in the way the melody is played versus the chordal accompaniment--even when they're played together. Terrific rhythmic precision.  Strong sense of fun throughout. Seems a little uptempo for Reggae, but the sunny feeling of the piece is certainly in the Reggae domain.

The chorded melodies sound great too.  It's obviously a very nice tuning.  Did you create it?

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick