To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2010 16:17
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Genius? LOL

However I would still try playing Brendan Power, P.T. Gazell or Dennis
Gruenling to a non "harp nerd". Good music makes its own friends.

Neither Brendan Power nor Dennis Gruenling are people I would drop in the category of "nerd-focused technical musicians". Power is a session player who plays appropriate music to the tune - or he wouldn't get the gigs he gets, with popular musicians. Gruenling plays a form of music that has popular appeal outside the harp community, and which is indeed looked down upon by "technical-focused nerd hobbyists".

Not really familiar with Gazell so he may be an appropriate choice on your
part.

Just because you "really, really like" a musician, doesn't mean they're a
genius. It just means you "really, really like" them. Chris Michalek has
some serious chops, but chops can be found aplenty in the harp nerd
community. In that regard, I'm with JD - music is about music for me, not
about facility.