Re: [Harp-L] Genius? LOL

Bill,

I think that was what was said, in so many words, not the issue, Howard was
used as an example of someone that at first glance could appear to be all
about technique, but obviously is much more. I used Howard as an example
because  he DOES do both. I still maintain Howard's popularity outside of
the harmonica community is pretty small, I'm not saying I think it's fair,
just that it is. It's been suggested that I'm wrong, and may be the case. I
know quite a few musicians and music lovers of diverse styles,  there is
only one guy I know to be a Howard Levy fan, and he's a modern progressive
harmonica player.  Among these people there are many fans of harmonica
players of less technical ability on harmonica, but also have singing or
songwriting skills, or both. So I'm only basing my opinion on my world, may
not be the best sample.

This disscussion started with someones comment that Budah, the groovy gypsy,
aka Chris M,  is a genius. Then moved on to include the fact  that if
someone only has technical chops, lacks charisma, energy, and taste, they
really aren't likely to create memorable music. Or at least that's what I
was trying to discuss.

No argument from me about Howard being a genius, JD