Re: Subject: [Harp-L] YOUTUBE-- Randy Singer scores a top forty radio hit

On Apr 25, 2010, at 11:41 PM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

The 'duet' reminded me of your Harmonica Dreams, CD. I do believe that
whomever asked you to play on this song must have listened to that CD of
yours....THE very first Smooth Jazz harmonica CD and very first Harmonica
record I ever bought. For those who don't already know about it, I'M going to
'toot your horn' for you. Here's a video cut from the album:

'Love Song' (Lesley Duncan) Vocals and Harp by Randy Singer

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5hJuJ7z_XY_ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5hJuJ7z_XY)

This truly is one of THE coolest CD's I've ever purchased and I listen to
it as a music lover not as a harmonica player/lover. Randy's vocals here are
top-notch and are just as good as his playing.

_http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/RandySinger_ (http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/RandySinger)

Elizabeth

First of all. I am old enough to have a very large book.

Leme tell ya about Randolph. Met him about 18 years ago. I was instantly impressed. Not only is he a great harmonicist, he is also one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He is also numero UNO on my (personal) super hero list. (followed in order: Jason Ricci, Micheal Peloquin, Phil Caltebellotta, Paul Davies, and yada yada).

What can one say about a guy where you drop into his (super BIG) gig at 'J.Bs on the Beach' at Foot Lauderdale and he gets you up there with him to share HIS stage. That's very magnanamous in my book. (btw, I was petrified). He has done it more than once (as has Jason).

Over the years, Randy has been busting my chops to do a CD. I keep telling him "Maaaan, there are so many wonderful players out there. No one knows me". Luckily, he's not mad at me.

By the way, I have a policy. If I buy an album (of 13 cuts), at least 4 (30%) have to be something I like. And maybe a total of 6 have to be at least 'stomachable'. In the case of Harmonica Dreams. It is the ONLY album I have with ALL good cuts. At least for me, they are. No one has ever accomplished that in my book.

Personally, and this is only MY opinion, I consider Randy the most under rated player out there and should be a regular SPAH feature. His attitude towards harp makes him an invaluable asset to the general 'international' harp community.

There, I finally got a chance to voice how I feel on this particular subject.

just my thoughts...smokey joe