[Harp-L] Re: Genius

Rob Paparozzi hit the nail directly non the head with analogy about gear.   Most beginners think that their tone is gonna be like their favorite player if they use the same gear.   Far from the truth.  Infact everyone has their own sound out of the same exact gear.  Case in point :  I went to see Mark Hummel's Harp Blow-off last year with James Harman and Kim Wilson.  They were all playing through a Meteor amp.  They ALL sounded completely different tone'wise playing through the same amp.   Granted..........they all had their own mics, but the fact remains that they each have their own personal tone.   I've heard Kim Wilson play through a bunch a different amps through the years and his tone ALWAYS sound like Kim Wilson.
Mike "Wezo" Wesolowsk
www.myspace.com/harpwezo
www.megatoneamps.com
www.bluesworldorder.com