Re: [Harp-L] My Mp3 submission to David Barretts bend control "half Steppin Lesson" http://tinyurl.com/2ck8hs9

> I still can't get the 3rd step down on 3....

This is where customizing a harmonica can make a huge difference ...
making the lower notes more playable / responsive and easier to
maniputlate (bend) ...

I'm a Golden Melody fan however find that out-of-the-box, the Suzuki
harps work much better for me, out of the box, for low note bending (I
have a couple of Bluesmasters and a valved Promaster in addition to a
several GMs) .... I recommend / gift Suzuki Bluesmasters to new
players due to responsiveness OOTB as well as I think the profile and
full length cover plates are advantageious when experimenting with
various embouchures and techniques ... if I'm gifting, I'll emboss the
slots to make the harp as easy to play as possible ...

Also, using Best Practice freeware along with a responsive (customized
or otherwise) A or Bb harp allows one to practice various tracks using
only one harp by pitch shifting the track to fit the harp ... more
economical and can focus on learning to play the one harp well ...
then can start adding harps in keys next to the initial harp and learn
to adapt progressively to the subtleties required in playing the other
diatonic harp keys ...