[Harp-L] Cyril Davis and Mick Jagger

Mick credits Cyril Davis with giving him pointers about using certain mics, playing through an amp, etc. for improving his blues harp playing. However, one must not discount the lessons Mick got from Junior Wells when Junior and Buddy Guy were opening for the Stones back in the day. One of these impromptu lessons was documented by a series of photos shot by Dick Waterman in Frankfurt, Germany  in 1970. You can view the series at Dick's web site.
Also, if memory serves me right, I think it was Brian Jones who first figured out how to get the bends on the harp, back in the early says when the Stones were more of a blues band. He was really the "first harp" in that band.
Pete Sheridan
$350,000 Life Insurance
Coverage as low as $13.04/month. Free, No Obligation Quotes.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4cf6eceed97874b58bbst06vuc