[Harp-L] Re: Harmonica speed compared to other instruments

Aw, David, it ain't a stupid query, heck, I've had harps on jets, that's pretty fast, and I've held one out a car window at about 110 mph, and "played" it with my fingers, that's fast too!  Couldn't do it with any of those other ol' instruments:   The guitar and violin - if one could hold on to 'em in the wind - might get damaged, and perhaps the strings would vibrate in the air flow but . . . and the others need special embouchure to get tone, 'cept maybe the flute, so, it'd be Harmonica, flute, fiddle, geeterbox, then by wind resistance  trumpet, sax, 'bone.   Voila!

-Dave "fastest harp in the west" Fertig