Re: [Harp-L] Nic Clark playing the VHT Special 6 amp

Richard, the VHT sounds much better right out of the box than the amps you
mentioned: Crate, Epiphone, Peavey, Kalamazoo. They are all guitar amps
that use EL84 power tubes, while the VHT is designed around the warmer 6V6
tube.

The new VHT amp with the circuit mods, including line out, could be had for
under $300.  Speaker upgrades are so subjective I'd leave that to the
player.  The stock speaker is quite good, and efficient at 97.5 dB.

--
-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog