FW: [Harp-L] RE: Roland Mobile Cube - Vox Mini 3

> > I just purchased a Vox Mini 3. I seriously considered the Mobile Cube but
> > really couldn't justify the extra seventy bucks. I also really liked the
> > tone of the Vox. It is actually pretty thick for a battery amp. I use this
> > amp for practice and very small rooms. I do guitar and vocal and harp.
> > It's a compromise on all points but the range of controls gives you enough
> > to work with. It is not a loud amp. But, it should work fine for small
> > rooms and I intend to experiment with it as a personal monitor working
> > through a PA. I haven't used it enough yet to do a full review and probably
> > won't until after Christmas but from the initial impressions tone is good
> > for its size, controls are adequate and volume output sounds like what it
> > says it is . 3 watts . no more. But, one sorely missed feature is the
> > ability to mount it on a mic stand like the Roland.
> >

> > Bill Kumpe

 The Mini 3 was another I was considering. In the UK it costs the same as the Vox DA5, about £79, whereas the Mobile Cube comes in at £109, which is much less than a $70 difference (maybe $45). I am sorely tempted by that ability to fix it to a mic stand, so, unless someone can convince me that the Mobile Cube is somehow vastly inferior... I always have to find somewhere on a seat or on the floor in the pub to sit my amp, but getting it airborne would save a seat at least for someone else and, more importantly, would get my sound up and out there...

(Sorry Bill, I inadvertently sent that to you as well)