[Harp-L] Blues Jr. (thanks everyone) /Copper Can/ Cruncher/Toronto

Thanks to all that responded on and off list to my request for tube subs for the Jr. All your suggestions to other changes in the amp are worth investigating for sure. Speakers, Reverb Tank, etc.
My friend is excited and surprised by the response. Love the list for that.

At this stage of my life I have had some experience with tube swaps to make guitar amps harp friendly and you have helped my friend and I find the path quicker this time, good cause I am pushing on!
Gary (Sonny Jr.) was the guy who set me in the right direction with his #1. I have tons of tubes so I will start with the 2 - AU's and work up.

I'll take a moment to say how "knocked out" I am with my cruncher - with the CC rectifier and some issues that Gary looked after for me... it has become my main amplifier for most dates.

In Response to Richard Hunter, things are good up here in Toronto, but like any major city we're loosing a lot of live rooms. I travel out to the smaller towns to do guest spots with my buddies who also travel out of town to bring hip music into smaller communities that support live music. It's not all that bad because it is a big city and there are always new businesses popping up. Nice when you find good owners who appreciate the vibe you can create in their establishment.

Toronto has a ton of really good harp and blues players, too many to list. Visit www.torontobluessociety.com for great information on all Canadian Blues. The TBS will be hosting a summit in mid January to promote and invite like minded people from the US and Europe along with Keynote speeches, workshops, showcases and then the finalie with the Maple Blues Awards on the Monday Night at Koerner Hall. That is just one element of what the TBS does. I have done a lot of Blues In The Schools programs which is a nice way to give back to the community and plant the seeds.

enjoy, and thanks,

Mark Stafford
birdstafford@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.markbirdstafford.com