[Harp-L] re: Question from a rank beginner

Tony,

I don't know if this has ever been mentioned before but what I do with my
new students is take "painters blue tape" and cover all holes but the 2. The
problem I have found is that many times they can't tell they are
"accidently" bending or choking the note because they never heard the 2 draw
played correct. Once they get the pure note with simple breathing EASY with
no embrochure it gives their ears and mouth some direction to aim for. I had
a newbie the other night get an incredible 2 draw bend with the new A harp
he bought from me for class. Problem was that it was purely accidental! By
the end of the class he couldn't bend it at all. When I "fixed" him he lost
his mojo! :-) At least his 2 draw was clean as he drove home.
Warren