[Harp-L] Re: excellent VHT Special 6 amp

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Davis"
In fact, the excellent VHT Special 6 amp has an SS rectifier. It is one of
the best small harp amps I've ever heard.
------

Yes! This little handwired baby really rocks.

I play electric guitar and this amp loves pedals too.

I put an old GM 6V6 from a late 1950's car radio and a Navy Jan WWII 12AU7 in it.

Suh-wheet!

It has a 10" but the tweed Champ which I suspect is the inspiration for this amp had an 8". I have an old 1963 8" Jensen AlNiCo out of an Airline Death-Cap amp. Wondering if it will sound more like the Champ with the 8"? I'd have to make a new baffle.

For Harp tho, the 10" is a real blessing. Me-thinks the designer of this amp is Harp-friendly =8^D.

For sure this little amp begs to be modded.

Harp-L ers, if you can get your hands on one, you won't regret it.

Splash!