[Harp-L] Chris

A couple of hours ago this update was provided on Chris's Facebook
page.

"Lisa Reese - Update for all who knew and loved Chris personally and
even those who didnt have the pleasure to have met him yet..... Chris
had a brain hemorrage. He never knew what hit him and felt absolutely
no pain what-so-ever! Praise God for that much! He suffered not!"

For me this loss is unfathomable but we can take comfort that he did
not suffer.  My condolences go out to his wife and family.

I can only concur with all the things said about Chris's playing, his
amazing fluidity and brilliance in phrasing.

Another story of Chris's generosity and openess.  I got to know Chris
through his instructional YouTube videos and his availability to
answer my questions regarding things like embossing technique.  Last
year while visiting my parents in Arizona I spent an afternoon at
Chris's place.  He embossed and dialed in my "A" Seydel 1847 sharing
his technique along the way and then give me some instruction on tone
and 3rd position playing.  Chris had a very relaxed approach making
the learning experience very comfortable.  I met Chris's dogs, two big
ones that he was training and competing with in police-style attack/
biting, and two pugs.  When it was time to go I found myself standing
in his driveway holding a training dummy (padded stick for dog
training) with a 100 pound Rottweiler flying through the air at me.
The grab was successful and I still had my hand.  Buoyied with
confidence and a bit of adrenalin I agreed to letting his Malinois
biting-dog "puppy" in training take a crack at me.  Not quite as clean
of a grab, no blood but a bit of sting, imprinting a very memorable
day with the Buddha!

You'll be missed Chris.

Glenn