RE: [Harp-L] lee oskar vs hohner

There is a site on harmonica tunings which explains 12TET and Just Intonation. I have read it several times. It goes into some historical info on how harp manufacturers have changed from 12TET back to JI and how LO came up with a compromise tuning. Very interesting to know. My understanding is that a MB is JI and so is S20. Golden Melody is 12TET which goes better with other 12TET instuments like piano. However, JI lends itself to blues better because of dissonance.

Found it. Hope this helps.

http://www.patmissin.com/tunings/tun2.html

I like wood combs and JI tuned harps. I also use LOs.