[Harp-L] Who's Been talking?

Buck,

Chester Arthur Burnett is HW's real name. I was just referring to him as Mr. Burnett to be facetious. There's the Rocking Chair album version on YT and there's another, slower one on YT by HW mis-titled "Cause of It All." I like the cooler groove on the mis-titled one better.

Pretty sure it's dorian. I've decided to do it in third position because it 's easier to solo in third. Now that Rob P. gave me the actual notes I figure can play the head in third this way: 3D** 4B 4D. Perfect! Then, i can move up the harp and on the V change i can play 5D 6D 7B and it seems to sound pretty good. The head is 5th, flat 7th root. The higher register lick i came up with is flat 3rd, fifth, flat seventh.

My band and I rarely play any tunes just like the original recording anyway. We come up with our own arrangements for just about everything we play.

Btw, the Allman Brothers also have a live version on YT with Derek Trucks playing slide.

Good to hear from you!

JP