[Harp-L] Re: "Pumpkinhead ashes to ashes" harmonica

Hi all,

I queried this group a few days ago asking whether anyone knew who had played the atmospheric harmonica on the soundtrack to the 2006 movie "Pumpkinhead: Ashes to Ashes".  I simultaneously queried the composer, Rob Lord, via email, and he responded today.

I was astonished to learn that the part was played by Lord himself on keyboard using a harmonica sample.  I would never have guessed.

Time to drop the harmonica and start playing the keyboard, I guess. Or will be soon. Along with every other instrument that's not sample-based.

Regards and Happy New Year, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick