Re: [Harp-L] Re: Powerbender

We played Bluesette together at my hotel gig when he visited San Diego.
------Original Message------
From: Rick Dempster
Sender: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
To: turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Powerbender
Sent: Dec 30, 2010 6:05 PM

Hey Richard;
                   Having bought your book 'Jazz Harp' immediately after it was published in '80, I wonder where your 'jazz' recordings are. I love your post-Debussy type stuff, but I've neve heard you blow on a standard. Do you actually do the stuff you talk about in your book? By the way, I got a lot out of the excercises in the back of the book; wore the bugger out in fact....
Happy New Year,
RD in Oz

Eric Nielsen wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Tony Eyers <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> Am I the only one who thinks that Ben Bouman is a %#*! awesome player?
>
> I share your opinion of his "%#*! awesome" playing. His skill as a
>customizer may unfairly steal some thunder from his skill as a player.

And his skill as a customizer is plenty %#*! awesome.  I've been playing a Seydel 1847 with country tuning customized by Ben for several weeks now.  Tuning stability, volume, responsiveness are all
%#*! awesome.

Regards and %#*! Happy New Year, %#*! Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick