[Harp-L] Preview of some 2010 projects

Hi all there.

For those who are interested, I just uploaded some new samples on MySpace. To give you an impressions of the kind of projects I'll be working on in 2010.

http://www.myspace.com/wimdijkgraaf

I'm very happy to be part of a new group with an amazing young singer from Portugal; Maria João Mendes. She won several prices in Europe and has planned to record a new CD in Brasil this year. And not to forget, she has that "Elis Regina" energy thing on stage. All with a mixture of Leny Andrade and lots of contemporary influences. On MySpace I included two live recordings from a festival we did in 2009;
- "Obsession" by Dori Caymmi and
- "I Concentrate On You" by Cole Porter.

Additionaly, I'm quite busy arranging and composing two new albums:

One album with arrangements of songs from the American Songbook; but both the South American songbook and the North American songbook with songs ranging from Cole Porter to Jobim, from Wayne Shorter to Hermeto Pascoal ... ;-) . All arrangements written by myself for voice, harmonica and symphonic orchestra. At this moment on MySpace, only a completely new intro for "What A Difference A Day Made" is available; the intro got the title "Prelude to a Rainbow" and is dedicated to Ard Daane.

The other album will contain only compositions by my own for voice, harmonica and symphonic orchestra. Much more contemporary; much more "for musicians only" ... ;-) The "introduction" on MySpace being a first and simple example of what it will sound like more or less ...

Any comments welcome, as usual.

Abraços from Brazil,

Wim

http://www.myspace.com/wimdijkgraaf