[Harp-L] Red Herrings

I often think overblows when used to describe what is more a style than a technique as Nick did is actually a red herring. To me, there are two distinct (and not always related) issues: overbends as a technique and playing the diatonic "chromatically" as a style. Arguing against the former seems silly to me--like arguing against tongue-blocking or hand tremolo. It's a technique, a means to an end, no more no less. Debating the merits of the later is a much more fertile ground, though one probably over-tilled on harp-l.

JR Ross