[Harp-L] (no subject)

EV630 wrote:
"The proper way to address some of the issues would be to provide counter
examples to prove I am wrong."

I did exactly that and you know what you did? You dismissed it and
then continued to judge obs as played by players who can't really do
it.

People like Jason Ricci, Carlos delJunco, Otavio Castro, Howard Levy
and myself have proven time and again there is a place for OBs and
they can be as transparent as any other bent note.

Furthermore, you continue to make the mistake of thinking Traditional
Blues is the only way to play harp so all others are judged from the
traditional blues perspective. You'd better be careful because a
player like Fugazzi could mop up the stage with a player like you
using real musicianship skills.

Isn't being a good musician what matters most?  Who cares about style?
I used to play all of that blues stuff and I find it to be boring.
That doesn't mean I don't like it nor that I don't respect it, it
means I like to play other music and for what I do, requires good tone
and the use of the entire instrument not just the first 6 holes.