RE: [Harp-L] Overblows in the Blues - Check This Out

> From: bren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:17:06 +0000
> CC:
> Subject: [Harp-L] Overblows in the Blues - Check This Out
>
> Music speaks louder than words. To all you Blues traditionalists who hate
> overblows, go to 3:52 in this clip and LISTEN:
>
> SLOW BLUES IN C
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MtRHq8ERCE
>
> All those sexy 'bends' are overblows on a C harp, middle octave, 1st
> Position...
>
> What's your answer to that?
>
> Brendan Power

Still hate it.....Naa naaa na...I'm just jokin!

That whole clip is just amazing...what he can do with just

a C harp. But C over C is traditionally 1st position...and Howard

displays allot of tricks in his bag besides just stickin to common

ground. I thought it sounded Great actually. His Tone & Phrasing

reminds me of an electric violin actually...along the lines of

John Luc Ponty...or more traditionally...Don "Sugercane" Harris.

~Donnie~