Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Overblows in the Blues - Check This Out

>From Ev630 :

âAs a side comment, why bother with a bullet mic in some of those clips? The effect on his tone is minimal. He might as well use a rack system and patch in some effect, which is what the rock-blues OB guys do to achieve a blues-esque tone.â

Interesting comment, can you give some examples of rock-blues OB player that in your opinion use effects to to achieve a blues-esque tone?  In my opinion  none of the OB players mentioned in this thread fit that description: they either use little effects (Adam Gussow), are not rock-blues guys (Howard Levy, Carlos del Junco) or use effects specifically to move away from a blues-esque tone (Jason Ricci, Chris Michalek). I'm assuming that in this case your definition of blues tone is the traditional amplified Chicago harp.

Gus