Re: [Harp-L] Spring Harp Fest XI

Hi John,

I'm available, but I'm afraid my "thin" Puckered tone may drive the audience
home in dissappointment!,-)

So I will stay in NJ and keep trying to develop a fatter and thicker
'Whistle'. Maybe there is a 'tube fix' or some type of 'pedal' to aid me
with my thin technique, I will keep you posted and when I can figure out
just how the 'real cats' play blues I will make it to San Diego.

Best,
Rob Paparozzi

On 2/14/10 9:59 AM, "John Frazer" <harmonicajohns@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> As some of you may know, I have been involved with the Spring Harp Fest in
> LA Mesa CA for the last 10 years. It was originally my idea and I have had
> the help of two wonderful friends in putting the event on. This year, For
> their own personal reasons, my two original partners were both forced to
> withdraw and I am presently working on the lineup of players.
>
> I am looking for a strong professional player to volunteer to play at the
> festival. It is a one day affair, traditionally held on the day before
> Easter. This year that is April 3rd, 2010.
>
> We have had James Harman, Johnny Dyer, Chris Mickalek, and Mike Curtis at
> different times. Johnny Mastro is possibly coming this year from LA. I need
> to finalize arrangements with him. I would also be VERY interested in Rod
> Piazza. It would give him an opportunity to show off the new Rod Piazza
> signature harp from Hering.
>
> Kim Wilson expressed interest, but will be on tour with the T-Birds at that
> time. I checked on Memphis Charlie, but he is in the Netherlands, and Rick
> Estrin will be on the East Coast at that time.
>
> If any of you have interest in coming to San Diego area at that time, I will
> get you on stage. Advance notice is preferred.
>
> OK, now the hard part. Harmonica friends, this event doesn't charge any
> entry fee, and we have to hustle to find sponsors each year. We have given
> away most of the money we take in each year to charities after paying our
> expenses. I am actively seeking sponsors that will make a commitment to
> helping fund the event not just this year, but into the future. If you are
> interested in donating or talking to me about playing or being a sponsor,
> please contact me off list.  I hope this post is within the boundaries of
> harp-l etiquette, as I am a harp-l OG.
>
> John Frazer
> 136 Lausanne Drive
> San Diego, CA 92114
> 619-263-6826 home
> 619-709-2217 cell
>

> "Watch out! He has some sort of a fantastic instrument that lets out a death
> sound!"
>
> Harmonica John Frazer
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYKuQ0vbfqU
>
> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Harmonica-John/51191253385#/pages/Harmonica-Jo
> hn/51191253385

All the best,
Rob Paparozzi

email:
chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rob¹s My Space (check for upcoming Gigs!)
http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

Rob¹s Session Sites:
http://www.esession.com
http://www.sessionplayers.com