[Harp-L] [Fwd: Rishell & Raines Award Nominations & News]

PAUL RISHELL & ANNIE RAINES UPDATE & SHOWS, WINTER/SPRING 2010:

In this issue:

-BLUES FOUNDATION AWARDS VOTING CLOSES MARCH 1!  STILL TIME TO VOTE FOR YOUR
FAVORITE DVD OR COUNTRY BLUES ARTIST OF THE YEAR (HINT, HINT)

-BLUES CRUISE VIDEO JOURNAL

-UPCOMING SHOWS IN NEW ENGLAND, NEW YORK, VIRGINIA

-GUITAR AND HARMONICA LESSONS

BLUES AWARDS - STILL TIME TO VOTE!

Paul Rishell & Annie Raines have received 2 nomination for the Blues
Foundation's Blues Music Awards this year, for Acoustic Blues Artist of the
Year and in the DVD category for "A Night in Woodstock."  The awards
ceremony will be held in Memphis in early May.  Only members of the Blues
Foundation can vote, but it's very easy to join, relatively inexpensive and
benefits some great causes.  You also get to vote for your favorite blues
artists.  Read more about it at www.blues.org.  Voting closes March 1.

http://www.blues.org <http://www.blues.org/>

BLUES CRUISE VIDEO JOURNAL - Germophobia, hurricanes, a visit to the "puppy
farm" and more!

The Blues Cruise was incredible, the best gig on the planet, though we had
to cross half the planet to get there.  We did some filming on our 5000-mile
land and sea journey.  Check out our pre-cruise chronicles at
www.youtube.com/paulandannie - And stay tuned for our search for Paul's
roots on Aruba, to be posted soon.

http://www.youtube.com/paulandannie

===

UPCOMING SHOWS:

2/20   8 PM

STONE MOUNTAIN ARTS CENTER

Brownfield, ME

http://www.stonemountainartscenter.com/ArtsCenter/

2/26  8 PM

FIRST PARISH CHURCH

Harvard Square, Cambridge

Opening for David Bromberg

http://www.mktix.com <http://www.mktix.com/>

2/27   7:30 PM

ROARING BROOK NATURE CENTER

70 Gracey Rd, Canton, CT

http://www.roaringbrookconcerts.org/

3/13   8 PM

GRANGE HALL COFFEEHOUSE

91 Old County Rd, E. Sandwich, MA

http://www.grangehallcoffeehouse.org/concerts.html

3/20   8 PM

NEW MOON COFFEEHOUSE

UU Church, 16 Ashland St., Haverhill, MA

http://www.newmooncoffeehouse.org/

3/25   7:30 PM

"BLUES FOR HAITI" BENEFIT CONCERT

Hotel Commonwealth, Kenmore Sq, Boston, MA

3/26   9 PM

JALOPY

315 Columbia St, Brooklyn, NY

http://www.jalopy.biz <http://www.jalopy.biz/>

4/9  8 PM

KIRK AVENUE MUSIC HALL

22 Kirk Ave, Roanoke, VA

http://www.kirkavenuemusic.com/

4/10    4-9 PM

HAMPTON ACOUSTIC BLUES REVIVAL

Thomas Nelson Community College / Mary T. Christian Auditorium, Hampton, VA

http://www.natchelblues.org/events/HamptonAcousticBluesFestival.html

===

GUITAR AND HARMONICA LESSONS:

Paul and Annie are currently accepting students for private study.
Scheduling is flexible from now through April 5, 10 AM - 7 PM.

For more information about lessons, bookings, CDs and DVDs, and plans for
world domination, please email: paulandannieblues@xxxxxxxxx

===

Our best wishes go out to our friends in the Mid-Atlantic States who are
still digging out from multiple record-setting snowstorms.  You've been
remarkably stoic compared with us hardy New Englanders!  We know the South
will be even more beautiful when we go back in April for a fill-up at
Fuller's Old Fashion BBQ in Fayetteville, NC.  Keep an eye out for more
restaurant reviews, musings and show updates at http://www.paulandannie.com
<http://www.paulandannie.com/>

Stay warm, y'all,

Annie and Paul