[Harp-L] Kids' amp

I was recently going through my young son's toybox to see what to keep and what to purge. I came across a toy cassette recorder with attached mic and internal speaker. For kicks I cranked it up and played some licks through it. What do you know - it sounded hot, with some nice distortion. Speaking in generalities, would I assume the sound is more from the mic or the amp? I'd like to steal the mic so I can solder on a 1/4" jack to it for use with my main rig and make use of the power and EQ and occasional effects. If however the breakup is mainly from the amp/speaker then I'm stuck keeping the unit as is.

What's the going rate for a vintage Fisher-Price anyway?

Paul

http://www.flickr.com/gift/