Re: [Harp-L] Kids' amp

I'll give you 200.00 after you pass go, boardwalk, and park place.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Bowering <paul_bowering@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 06:32:48
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Kids' amp

I was recently going through my young son's toybox to see what to keep and what to purge. I came across a toy cassette recorder with attached mic and internal speaker. For kicks I cranked it up and played some licks through it. What do you know - it sounded hot, with some nice distortion. Speaking in generalities, would I assume the sound is more from the mic or the amp? I'd like to steal the mic so I can solder on a 1/4" jack to it for use with my main rig and make use of the power and EQ and occasional effects. If however the breakup is mainly from the amp/speaker then I'm stuck keeping the unit as is.

 What's the going rate for a vintage Fisher-Price anyway?

 Paul

 http://www.flickr.com/gift/ <http://www.flickr.com/gift/>