Re: [Harp-L] Vox DA 5 for the harp

Martin,

At 2:10 he shows the settings -- Clean, low gain, mid tone, mid volume and
some reverb.

I use this amp but not with the sort of mic he's using. A lot of that harsh
sound is coming from the mic.

Find a music store that sells the amp and go and try it with your own mic
and harps.

FWIW I busk in the montreal metro (subway) with this amp. I play mostly
blues. I use an SM57 with an impedence transformer, Blues 3 or Drive setting
with low gain, low tone and typically some reverb. The amp also has the
advantage of having three wattage settings -- 0.5, 1.5, and 5. The lowest
setting is usually sufficient for me and at that setting the batteries -- 6
C -- last well over 20 hours.

John

This is a link to a guy playing "Petit fleur" on diatonic. Interesting
choice of tune, and well done -- but, I wonder, is this the kind of warmth
you can expect from a Vox DA5?
Otherwise it looks like an attractive choice it the small amps category
(plenty versatile, not to expensive), but that sound won´t do it for me. Too
harsh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1AD0sCfRJc

Anyone tried for a warmer sound w/ this amp?

Cheers,
Martin