Re: [Harp-L] TMJ / hearing

Chris,

To create an appropriately large and open oral resonance chamber when plating (which is essential for good tone), your lower jaw should be dropped (as if you were in the middle of a yawn) and RELAXED while you are p laying. Your lower jaw should NOT be thrust out or tight--which, btw, will also inhibit deep embouchure. if you are creating air pressure from your diaphragm, (as you should) your jaw and other facial muscles should be open and relaxed while you are playing. So, FWIW, it may help if you try modifying your playing technique.

JP

Hi JP,

Thanks for the tips. Think I'll see if I can find a teacher in my area to show me what I'm doing wrong.

Chris