Re: [Harp-L] Best thing ever said!

>  What's the best thing anybody ever said to you about your Harp playing?

More than 20 years ago, I joined "The Madison Blues Band", a "pub  band"
that worked round and about London England, and as far as I know, it still
does. Led by Paul Madison, British blues singer and guitarist....

The harmonica player who had worked with them before I did, was a black
Jamaican man, called Leroy. He was an excellent harp player.

After I'd been working with the band for a few weeks, Leroy came to one of
our gigs, and during a "beer break"... He came over to me, and said
jokingly:

"You play that harp real well, for a WHITE BOY"..

I've been known as:

John "Whiteboy" Walden

ever since that evening.

John Walden